home of William Branch Giles, Governor of Virginia
(1827-1830), is located on Giles Road in northern Amelia.
located on Haw Branch Lane, was constructed in 1745 by
Colonel Thomas Tabb. (Route 667)
was built in
the mid-1700ís and is located on Egglestetton Road.
located off State Route 307 on Days Lane, was built in
1821 by Nelson Farmer. (Route 647)
Johnís Episcopal Church at
Grub Hill was built in 1762 and is located on Grub Hill
Church Road. (Route 609)
the nineteenth century home of the Harvie and Taylor
families, is located on Dykeland Road. (Route 632)
located on Namozine Road, was an encampment site for
Robert E. Leeís troops as they departed from Petersburg
towards the fateful journey to Appomattox (Route 708)
State Historical Park, located on Saylers' Creek
Road, was the last major battle of the Civil War before
Appomattox. (Route 617)
on the way ...